Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Monday and Tuesday (Sorry for the boring title.)

Quick update on the last couple of days:

Monday, I finished my earrings in Jewelry Making class!

Done!
They're really shiny. You can't tell from the picture (it's kind of dark). . . They look 40% better in real life. Just believe me. ;)

Since Jewelry Making class is from 3:00 to 8:30, we get a (glorious) 30 minute break from 5:30 to 6:00. During this break, another girl and I always get coffee. (Our classroom is usually freezing, and we always need something warm.) I get a cappuccino every time. Doesn't this look amazing?

Mmm. . .
That was Monday. Tuesday, my first class is the Architecture of Florence. We visited the Church of San Lorenzo.

Not my picture (no photography allowed)
It's amazing. . .
  • how many churches are here
  • how old they all are
  • how much work went into them (back in the day when they didn't have the construction equipment we have now- and most of these churches took YEARS to complete)
  • to see the beautiful sculptures and artwork and paintings everywhere
You know what else is amazing? I gave my first oral presentation today in Italian. I spoke for about a minute and a half; my teacher knew what I was saying; I only mispronounced a couple of little things; and I didn't feel totally stupid!

. . . I should celebrate. We should celebrate. Gelato, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Love your earrings and the coffee looks delish! I can almost smell it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coffee looked amazing! So jealous lol and the earrings are cool to!

    ReplyDelete