Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pizza, Groceries, and The Arno River

Two nights ago, my roommates and I went out for pizza and wine at a place near the Duomo. It was very good, but I still want to try the pizza in Naples where it originated. I'd like to go to the place mentioned in Eat, Pray, Love. But this was a good start!


Me with my pizza

Yesterday, we went shopping for groceries at the food market. We bought fresh vegetables and fruit. Later we went to a bigger grocery store for pasta, sauce, bread, biscotti, wine, Nutella, cheese, eggs, butter, and other things we'll need. If you walk down past the river, it's kind of a long walk,  but it's worth it because the grocery stores are bigger and cheaper than the ones closer to where we live.

Last night was the first time I had been down to the river. We walked there before sunset and took lots of pictures. It's beautiful. We crossed a bridge and wandered through a couple of smaller shops before heading back. On the way back, there are tons of very expensive jewelry stores along the street. It was getting dark and we stopped at the bridge again because when the sun went down all the lights around made it look so pretty!

The Arno River in the evening
Once we got back from our walk, we all made dinner. Pasta with marinara sauce and homemade garlic bread. We were stuffed by the end of our meal, but after cleaning up dishes and watching an episode of Jersey Shore on the computer, we made room for some gelato. This time we went to a different place than before. I had coconut and chocolate. Delicious.

Classes start tomorrow, but it's a rainy Sunday today. I don't know if we'll go out much, but it's nice to relax in the apartment knowing that the streets of Florence are waiting just below me.

3 comments:

  1. This is SO fun.....to live vicariously through you. I'm so proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look beautiful there. We're expecting a major winter storm with lots of ice and snow the next couple of days. Am loving your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danavee! I'm so glad you're following me. I read your last few blog posts yesterday. I LOVE your boots. Lol. Very jealous.

    Aunt Linda, I heard about the snow! I'm really glad I'm not there. I heard Mizzou cancelled classes. I wonder if Truman might get a snow day after all? 50 degrees in Florence today so I probaby won't be seeing snow till next winter. :)

    ReplyDelete