Sunday, April 17, 2011

Central Market Video, and Other Stuff

Thursday night for dinner we had the strawberry pie Lindsey and I made. The following pictures are from Lindsey's camera.


Lindsey Stirring the Strawberries and Sugar
(Wednesday)
Putting the Cookied Berries on the Regular Berries
(Wednesday)

Chopping Asparagus
(Thursday)

Finished Product!

Brittni was sick, so Kate joined us!

Hannah's so cute with her pie!
The pasta with asparagus recipe is from skinnytaste.com. We tweaked it a little bit. (Sort of doubled it, and we had enough for leftovers for two people.) Used about a pound of angel hair pasta, two pounds of asparagus, five garlic cloves, two egg yolks, and half a cup of Parmesan. It was SO GOOD! I had never cooked asparagus before! I'll totally (totes!) make this again. Like, a lot. It's a wonderful Spring dish, and it's great with white wine.

As for the strawberry pie, the crust was weird. I don't recommend that recipe. But the pie was good!

Friday, Meghan's mom came! She's really cool, and she took us to Gusta Pizza for dinner.

Saturday, Lindey and I went to lunch at a place called Vini e Vecchi Sapori. I had pappa al pomodoro (tomato bread soup), Lindsey had pasta with pesto, and we both got raspberry (!!!) tiramisu. It was awesome. The restaurant is really cute and tiny and the food was perfect.

I went to the market with Hannah to buy bananas, and I actually remembered to take pictures! I made them into a video because there were so many I wanted to upload. I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment