Friday, April 15, 2011

Field Trip to a Winery

During Thursday's wine class, we took a field trip to Tenuta Poggio Casciano, a winery just outside of Florence. (We took taxis there.) We visited one of the vineyards at the estate and got a little tour of the wine-making process. Then we did a tasting of four different wines they produce. Here are some pictures.

The Sign
Pretty Trees and Green Grass
It was a cloudy day.
Vineyard
Cute Little Rows of Vines
The Wine Dude Showing us the Crusher/De-stemmer
The Stainless Steel Fermenting Vats
French Oak Barrels for Aging
Fancy Table Set for the Wine Tasting
Meghan during the Tasting
The wines were great! I definitely had a favorite. We also had plenty of cheese and bread to go with the wine. The only problem was that Meghan and I had to go take an Italian quiz right after this, and we were both a bit tipsy. I think I still rocked that Italian quiz. Then I went home and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment