Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Miss Lists

There are only two and a half weeks left in the semester.

I should be writing my 8-page Brunelleschi paper for Architecture. And my 5 page "Pairing Wine and Chocolate" paper for Wine. And starting to study for my 5 finals I'll have to take the second week of May.

Instead, I've been sitting around with my friends taking Meyers Briggs tests to discover our personality types (I'm an ISTJ.) and making lists of random things. (movies to watch, books to read, things to do before I die. . . ) I decided I should share some of these lists with you. So, here they are. The Things I Miss Most From Home List, and The Things I Will Miss Most From Florence List, in no particular order.

Things I Miss Most From Home
  • Driving
  • My big comfy bed
  • Papa John's. I know that sounds weird. American pizza and Italian pizza are two totally different things.
  • Bubble baths
  • Quiet nights. The sound of cicadas is more relaxing than the sound of horns/sirens/yelling/screaming/fighting/laughing. . .
  • Panera. Mostly the Strawberry Poppy Seed and Chicken Salad. Good thing it'll be summer when I get home!
  • My piano
  • Gym membership. The elliptical.
  • American coffee
  • Free public restrooms
  • The library. My one complaint about LdM is that the "library" really, really sucks.
  • Grass. There's very little of it here in the city.
  • Thunderstorms. We just don't have them in Florence, I guess.
  • Church
  • A cell phone with unlimited texting
  • Being able to publicly wear sweatpants and hoodies and not feel hated
  • Wal-Mart. Don't judge me. It's not uncommon for me to go there mulitple times a day.
  • Mexican food and BBQ
  • Having a legit kitchen
  • Bincent! (My brother. Yes, I meant to spell it with a B.) and Evil! (My GREAT cat.) and I guess everyone else, too. ;)

Things I Will Miss Most From Florence

  • The Mercato Centrale
  • Seeing the Duomo every day
  • The mild weather
  • Beautiful buildings and streets
  • Trains
  • The Italian Language
  • The bidet. . . Just kidding! I never figured it out.
  • Being old enough to legally enjoy a glass of wine with dinner
  • "Ciao, bella"
  • Everything within walking distance
  • Famous works of art around every corner
  • Being approached by guys. Seriously, American boys. Get it together.
  • Euros. The exchange rate is terrible, but the money is pretty!
  • Getting gelato multiple times a day and not thinking twice about it
  • Having a gorgeous river to run along
  • Kebabs and falafel. The only "street food" at home is the taco wagon. It doesn't even compare.
  • Weekend trips around Tuscany
  • Cathedrals everywhere
  • Scarves for sale along the street
  • Pasta and bread. Or maybe not. I'm pretty much ready for a break from those.
  • Random concerts and festivals around town
  • Meghan, Lindsey, Hannah, Brittni, and I all being together

No comments:

Post a Comment