Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Souvenirs Thus Far

I've been in Italy two weeks now. Wow! It feels like forever, and only a day, at the same time. I'm starting to feel like I'm living in a bubble. From my apartment, I've only been as far as (at most) a 25 minute walk. It's weird not driving, and having everything I need in walking distance from where I live. It's weird that there are so many streets nearby I haven't yet been down, so many stores and sights left to see and explore. Which isn't to say I haven't found my fair share of treasures. Here are the souvenirs I've collected the past two weeks.

Two scarves. I think I may limit myself to a total of three. I also refuse to pay more than 5 euros for each.


Earrings!

Florence scrapbook! I will need this when I get home.


BEAUTIFUL ceramic ornament made in Florence, with scenes from the city on it.
Is it just me or does this photo look profesh? I just surprised myself with my photograhy skills.

The cutest thing in the world. Seriously.

Now I'll elaborate on the last two pictures. I saw these at the most adorable little kitchen-y home store ever. I wanted them a few days ago, but decided I didn't want to impulsively buy them. (I wanted those, and a polka-dot cutlery set, and a clock, and a toaster that looks like a cow. . .) I went back today to look again. They were half off, so I paid 8 euros for the whole set, plus they're dishwasher and microwave safe. I am so excited about them! I can't stop looking at them. There is also a blue set and an orange set. I thought these were the cutest, though.

I did return to the chocolate festival for round 2. There seemed to be a few different venders than we saw last time, but a lot of the same ones. I bought some more of my favorites from last time, though I'm still not quite sure what they are. (Other than AMAZING.)

After leaving the chocolate festival this afternoon, Kate and I went to Gelateria de Neri, one I have been wanting to try. I got a big cone of two kinds: nutella, and cream. My tummy couldn't be happier right now.

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you loved the cups and saucers! How fun! We're getting more snow today---Ugh, I'm so tired of it by now. The driveway's like a skating rink. Oh well, spring's on the way--I hope. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine getting more snow! That sounds terrible. The kind of weather that makes you want to take naps and eat soup and chocolate. . . oh wait, that's what I did today. . . I hope it warms up soon though!

    ReplyDelete