Friday, February 25, 2011

Stuck

I just got back from a shopping trip with Lindsey. She had been in love with a gorgeous red dress for more than a week now, but hadn't tried it on yet. We went to the "gorgeous red dress" store today and we both tried on several things. She didn't get the dress because they didn't have a size small enough (what a horrible problem), but she did find the cutest pair of shorts for super cheap. While we were there, she convinced me to try on this little number.

It LOOKS inncoent enough
When I put it on, I couldn't really get the side zipper to unzip all the way, but it went down far enough for me to squeeze the dress on over my shoulders. Barely. It zipped up nicely, and I really liked it! But when I went to take it off, I encountered a problem. I unzipped the side as far down as it would go, like I had when I put it on. But it just would not come off. I pulled and pulled and gave up. I asked the lady if she could help me with the zipper. She tried. Then she came in to the room with me and we both pulled and pulled and it still wouldn't come off. After that, 2 other women (one a worker and one a nice British lady in the room next to mine) tried messing with the zipper. It's not that the dress didn't fit, because it did! But the zipper was not sewn in correctly. Finally, Lindsey came in and together, slowly but surely, we got it off. FREE AT LAST. I was in that thing way too long.

Here are my goodies from the rest of the shopping trip.

I've always wanted a shirt like this!
And obviously, it has to go with a purple belt.

Ready for Spring Break!
A shirt-dress to wear with leggings
And this shirt, to go with this scarf I got in Pisa
I have completed my first real shopping trip in Florence! I'm just afraid of trying on dresses from now on. :)

1 comment: