Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mostra Internazionale dell'Artigianato

Yesterday evening, Lindsey stopped by to see the new place. It's more hotel than apartment. It's really nice; I'll post pictures sometime soon. But anyway, Lindsey suggested we go to the International Arts and Crafts Exhibition. We dragged Meghan out of bed and took her with us. We got there, paid our 2 euro to get in, and walked right into what may have been one of the best shopping experiences of my life.

First, it was huge. There were so many different things, so many different sellers, such a huge variety. There were clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry (LOTS of jewelry), soaps, furniture, artwork, candy, and all kinds of knick-knacks, like spinning tops and nesting dolls. (I really wanted a nesting doll. . . I still want one. They were pretty expensive, though.) Being an International Arts and Crafts Exhibition, there were things from all over the world. Most of what I bought was from India.

I didn't take enough pictures while we were there. (I have a grand total of 3.) I was really overwhelmed by the awesomeness of it all.

This picture was taken by a little Indian woman. Each of us bought something from her. She was adorable.

Lindsey, Me, Meghan
Candy
Pearls
I had all this money burning a hole in my pocket, which probably wasn't a good thing. Because I ended up buying a bunch of stuff for a house that I don't yet have, but someday will.

My favorite buy was these three pillow cases. The picture isn't very good; they look better in person. But I'm going to need cute pillows for my living room couch someday, right? And they were 3 for 10 euro. How could I not buy these?

It was so hard to pick out colors!

I finally bought a mortar and pestle. Now I can make pesto the real way! Bring on the basil.

I also got some giraffe utensils. If you visit me, I can serve you some salad with these adorable things.

And I really couldn't pass up this colorful potholder for 2 euro.

Mortar and Pestle, Potholder, Utensils
My other favorite buy was this round tablecloth-y thing. I bought it from the Indian woman along with the pillow cases. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. . . But I LOVE it.

I'm guessing it's about 4 feet in diameter.
We spent at least a couple of hours at this place. We still had a lot to see, but we had to get to the grocery store before it closed. We got food and came back to my apartment. (It's weird saying my apartment. It's techinically mine and Kate's, but she's in Munich until Tuesday morning, so it's mine for now. Did I ever explain that the new place we're at is 3, 2-person apartments? Meghan and Hannah are right next door to Kate and me.) Lindsey and Hannah met us there. We ate, tried to figure out how to watch That Thing You Do online via the tv, gave up, and just hung out. I made coffee cake to break in the new kitchen.

Today, the 5 of us are going to have brunch. Eggs, sausage, orange scones, fruit salad, and tea/coffee. And leftover coffee cake. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment