Monday, May 9, 2011

My New Home

Here are the pictures of my new apartment/hotel!

When You First Walk In
(I don't feel like hauling my huge suitcase up those stairs. So that's where it's staying until Saturday.)

Bathroom! The shower water gets REALLY hot. Too hot. Burning hot.

Dining Room/Kitchen/Living Room

Going up the stairs to. . .

Bedroom! And now you know I don't make my bed. Ever.
(Unless I am putting new sheets on it)
The cool thing about this place is that somehow, it is really far away from all the noise. You have to walk down a long hallway from the street to get to the front desk, and there's a cute little courtyard all the apartments open up to, and it feels completely different than where we lived before, in the middle of all the excitement of the city. I have slept three nights here earplug-less and happy.

And, there's a cat who lives here. An awesome, blonde, fat cat who is super friendly and reminds me so much of the cat I used to have, The Yellow Cat. And now, you also know my family sucks at coming up with pet names. That's embarrassing.

But that's my new home! Not that we actually needed to move, because now the lastest JS news is that they have been delayed at least another week due to "logistical problems." But that's okay, because I still got to be famous. We were even mentioned in TIME! See?

Only they definitely got the story wrong, saying we were grad students and there were 2 of us. But still. Famous. Somehow, TMZ got a hold of the email LdM sent us, which is totally creepy, but I'm just going to pretend no one's secretly reading my email.

Yesterday, Lindsey and I went back to the Art Fair, and this time we took Hannah. This time, I bought the nesting dolls I wanted. I know they don't have a point, and some people probably think they're weird, but I have always wanted a set. (I found a set of 3 at Pier 1 once, but they were sailers, not actual dolls, so they don't count.)

All 10 of the Family
I haggled the heck out of this plate. The skills I developed last summer in Guatemala paid off yet again.

What are you talking about? This was entirely necessary. I need a place to. . . um. . . set my keys!

Unfortunately, the fun stops there. Because it's finals week. I just took my Jewelry final today. And the best part about that was I got to take my jewelry home! Finally!

My Semester's Work
I love how everything turned out. As much as I dreaded those 5 and a half hour class periods every week, I'm so glad I took this class!

But, I have four more finals to study for. Architecture is tomorrow morning. And my bed time is in like, less than three hours. Time to get back to those flash cards. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment