Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oh Dear.

Do you all know my older brother, Josh?

He and I are pretty much polar opposites. (Of course, I love him anyway and am SO glad he got to come visit me and hang out in Europe.)

He's only driven me about 70% crazy so far, asking dumb questions about things. First, watch this clip from Inglourious Basterds.


At the end, when Brad Pitt says "Arrivederci." That's Josh. Only when he's trying to say "Grazie." (I forced him to. At first he just kept just saying "Thanks!" to the Italians.) Anyway, it sounds terrible. I think the Italians might hate us.

He also can't remember what the "urinal" thing in the bathroom is called.
. . . "a birdaya?"
"No, Josh. A bidet. And it's for hygenic purposes."

Oh, and he wants to take pictures of the naked statues for Vince, our younger brother. He thinks they're funny.

And so on. You can only imagine what it is like traveling with this kid. It's exhausting. :)

We've spent about a day and a half in Florence, and tomorrow morning we leave for Venice, etc. I don't think we'll be taking my laptop, so I won't be blogging. (Unless we're at a hostel with a computer I can use, but if I do, it is going to be pictureless, so I might just wait till we're home to blog about it.)

So, goodbye for now!

2 comments:

  1. oh that is funny! You can take the boy out of the midwest, but you cant take the midwest out of the boy!!! hehhe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait girl--you've only just begun your travels with that brother of yours. What an experience! I'm sure you'll keep us in stitches telling us all about it. He's a deal, but we love him dearly!

    ReplyDelete